About the Society
The Moggill Historical Society was formed in 2013 to research, preserve and promote the history and heritage of the Moggill district including the Brisbane suburbs of Moggill, Bellbowrie, Anstead, Pullenvale and Pinjarra Hills.
To this end, we have been successful in winning grants from the Australian Government Department of Veteran Affairs, the Queensland Government Gambling Community Benefit Fund and Brisbane City Council. These grants have enabled us to carry out a number of activities, some of which are listed below.
What we do:
- Research and write about a wide range of Moggill district historical subjects,
- Present guest speakers to meetings open to the public,
- Look after the historic Moggill Cemetery,
- Arrange visits of historical interest, and
- Provide guest speakers to interested organisations.
If you are interested in any of the above services, please get in touch with us to discuss your needs.